THE K KIDS ADOPTION PROCESS
Thank you for your interest in adopting a K Kids dachshund. Here’s how it works:
1. Look over our available dogs to see if there is one who stands out from all the rest. If you’re willing to consider a second or third choice, take note of those as well.
2. Fill out the adoption application at www.kkkidsrescue.org or click here.
3. K Kids will process your application and check your references. Your K Kids point of contact may call you to discuss your application.
4. Your K Kids contact will call you to schedule a home visit. Note: All residents of your home, including children and all current pets, must be present for the home visit.
5. Your K Kids contact or another K Kids volunteer will conduct your home visit.
6. Your K Kids contact will call you to let you know whether you have been matched with a dachshund.
7: Your K Kids contact will then collect the adoption fee and prepare the adoption agreement.
8: Congratulations! Your K Kids contact will call you to schedule a time when you can pick up your new dachshund from their foster home.
K KIDS ADOPTION FEES
|Less than 1 year old||$350|
|Special needs medical condition||$150|
|Senior-to-senior (adopter is 65+ and dog is 10+)||$100|
What does my dachshund’s adoption fee cover?
- Initial general check-up
- Spay or neuter
- Rabies vaccination (1 or 3 years)
- Distemper combo vaccination (for parvovirus, parainfluenza, distemper, hepatitis, etc. Leptospirosis may be included at the veterinarian’s discretion.)
- De-worming and/or fecal
- Screening and treatment for heart worm disease and the three tick-borne diseases (lyme, ehrlichia and anaplasma)
- Monthly heart worm preventative while in foster care; we require the adopter to continue this.
- Flea treatment
- Dental treatment if needed
- Other surgeries if needed
The bottom line:
Adoption fees do not cover the cost of your dachshund’s medical care and microchip. All K Kid rescues, fosters and adoptions are subsidized by the generous donations of our supporters.
If you’d like to help out with a donation, click here.